People buy cards for any number of reasons.
Birthdays, Holidays, Sympathy, Get well soon, Uplifting, or Just for fun
When one such occasion presents itself we find ourselves walking down the card aisle of any given store sifting through hundreds of cards to find that perfect one. When you find that perfect one there are several others that look just like it sitting there waiting for someone else to pass by.
Same ole same ole!
Why give something that has been mass manufactured when you can buy a piece of originality?
A good friend of mine, who I worked with for 5 wonderful years, has created some of the best cards I have ever seen. Every time a circumstance came around that required a card she always came through with something wonderful. People who know her have had the pleasure at some point or another of receiving one of these awesome cards. I was delighted recently to learn that she has decided to open up a store on Etsy to sell her designs. Now everyone has access to her genius!
Here are some the top reasons buying one of her handmade originals is better than a mass produced one.
- You are guaranteeing the person that you bought the card for that they are receiving something original!
- Buying handmade cards would be supporting a budding small business. It is a win-win situation. You get to buy beautiful handmade card and you enable an artist to continue following their creative dreams!
- It is good for the economy! We need to support small businesses and artists over the big corporations.
- You are giving the handmade artist a huge compliment and actually saying “I love what you are doing” which in turn means you are supporting their vision.
- You can be the first one of all your friends to discover a great designer!
- You are inspiring creativity! Soon people will be running to Pinterest!
- Buying handmade shows that not everything in this world needs to be mass produced. It teaches to love and appreciate the unique.
- Best way to avoid human exploitation by big boxed companies.
- No waiting in lines!
- It is more personal. I had a card created for my boyfriend’s birthday this past year and I had it customized with some of his favorite things. He loved it so much that it is still on display 5 months later because it was that awesome!
These cards and more are available through her Etsy store. You can check it out at Aunt Dots Paper Designs