Sunday night I had a terrible dream and I woke up Monday with a equally terrible headache. Then I started to recall that I often wake up with these migraines after I have bad dreams. As if the dream wasn’t bad enough!
I made an appointment with a neurologist to get my head checked next week. I can’t find any information on any correlation. I just want the migraines to stop.
According to the “failing” NY Times health article a Migraine Attack if untreated, usually last from 4 – 72 hours. A typical migraine attack produces the following symptoms:
- Throbbing pain on one side of the head. The word migraine, in fact, is derived from the Greek word hemikrania, meaning “half of the head” because the pain of migraine often occurs on one side. Pain also sometimes spreads to affect the entire he
- Pain worsened by physical activity
- Nausea, sometimes with vomitin
- Visual symptoms
- Facial tingling or numbness
- Extreme sensitivity to light and noise
- Looking pale and feeling cold
I experience all of this when I have a migraine and it is no joke. My pain and facial tingling is usually on the left side of my head originating right behind the eye. I have had them last up to 9 days once back in 2011. I haven’t a clue why I didn’t go to the hospital. Probably had to due with my ex. He flat out didn’t give two shits about my headaches. He caused most of them!
Anyway does anyone else experience this? Bad dream equals waking up with a bad headache 😦